Medical conferences in Australia and New Zealand
Since the Covid-19 pandemic, many medical conferences have been cancelled, postponed, or held in a virtual capacity. In 2022, we've seen a return to in-person events and hybrid conferences that are both online and in-person.
Medical conferences function as great social events for doctors, whether that be in the form of a virtual event or in person. Now that the Covid-19 restrictions have eased we are seeing more and more of these events return to convention centres and exhibition halls around Australasia.
While networking and information sharing in the healthcare space has changed over the past few years, we're increasingly returning to normality. Here are some of the events you can attend, offering network opportunities, in the second half of 2022 and into 2023.
Upcoming New Zealand doctor conferences
- 22 - 24 July 2022, RNZCGP Annual Conference, Christchurch
- 5 - 7 August 2022, RANZCR NZ ASM, Queenstown
- 22 - 23 August 2022, RANZCOG Aotearoa ASM, Christchurch
- 26 - 28 August 2022, NZAGS Conference & Trainee Day, Wellington
- 1 - 2 September 2022, RACS NZ Annual Surgeons Meeting, Queenstown
- 8 - 11 September 2022, CICM ASM, Wellington
- 25 - 28 September 2022, RANZCP NZ Conference, Queenstown
- 21 - 24 October 2022, Combined Scientific Congress (CSC2020) of NZSA & ASA, Wellington
- 30 October - 3 November 2022, NZOA & AOA Combined Annual Scientific Meeting, Christchurch
- 4 - 5 November 2022, Obstetric Anaesthesia Special Interest Symposium-, Auckland
- 11 - 13 August 2023, RANZCR New Zealand ASM, Queenstown
Upcoming Australian doctor conferences
- 22 - 23 July 2022, RANZCP Section of Youth Mental Health, Alice Springs, NT
- 5 - 7 August 2022, ACD Rural Dermatology Meeting Darwin, NT
- 14 - 17 September 2022, RANZCP Faculty of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Conference Melbourne, VIC
- 10 - 12 October 2022, RANZCOG Annual Scientific Meeting, Gold Coast, QLD
- 12 - 15 October 2022, Rural Medicine Australia RMA22, Canberra, ACT
- 14 - 16 October 2022, RANZCP Faculty of Adult Psychiatry, Gold Coast, QLD
- 14 - 16 October 2022, AAAHP 6th National Conference, Melbourne, VIC
- 1 - 3 December 2022, Australian Doctors' Health, Adelaide, SA
- 5 - 9 May 2023, ANZCA ASM, Sydney, NSW
- 12 - 16 November 2023, AOA Annual Scientific Meeting, Melbourne, VIC
It is important to remember that this is not an exhaustive list as there are many international medical conferences as well. Medrecruit will be attending a number of these conferences, so if you're there, stop by and discover the benefits of locuming, or chat with us about permanent opportunities.