How a recruitment agency can ease the transition of moving abroad
Moving across the country to live and work as a doctor can be a big step, that's why having a medical recruitment agencies support can make all the difference.
At Medrecruit, we have a dedicated IMG team. All of the staff in our International Team have made the move to New Zealand themselves so they can offer you first-hand advice on what it is like to move to the other side of the world.
We understand how much is involved in an international move so we are committed to being there for you every step of the way.
Once we have helped you determine eligibility for medical registration, we will assist you on a tailored job hunt to find the right role for you. Once the role is secured, we take care of the full medical registration application, liaising with the issuing authority on your behalf.
We organise a complimentary immigration consultation for you so that you have all of the information you require to determine which is going to be the best visa for you and your family. After this, we assist you in completing all of the hospital’s new employee paperwork to ensure you are able to start work on time.
Still not convinced? Here's a list of all the ways we can support you in making the move.
- Finding a tailored role (whether it’s career progression or lifestyle change)
- We understand the differences in healthcare systems and the arduous task that comes along with relocating internationally, so we’re here to make it hassle-free
- Free immigration consultation
- An end-to-end free service
- Great connections with DHBs all over New Zealand increasing chances of securing a role
- Great connections with the Medical Council of New Zealand. We will liaise with them on your behalf.
- Invaluable interview preparation
- We are experts in placing international doctors with a comprehensive understanding of how the system works
- We can put you in touch with other international or local doctors who are working at the hospital if you'd like to chat with someone in the department
- We can assist with the registration process from start to finish – the International Placement Team at Medrecruit are experts in this area
- Advice on what you’ll need to do before you leave your home country, and what needs to be done on arrival eg. bank accounts, registration meeting with MCNZ, relocating personal belonging, advice on travelling with pets, directing them on where to find rental proprieties, schooling for kids, healthcare entitlements, detailed insights on the locations in New Zealand.
- Maintaining contact once you've arrived in New Zealand
- Helping you find locum work once you hold full registration with MCNZ
If you would like to start your journey to move your medical career to New Zealand, register, and one of our IMG team will be in touch to discuss your eligibility and the next steps.